COR Performance Presents
SPEED-STRENGTH PERFORMANCE SEMINAR
Featuring Charlie Francis with Derek Hansen
March 7-9, 2008
About Charlie Francis
Charlie Francis, three time Canadian sprint champion, former national team sprint coach and coach of world record holder, Ben Johnson, is coming to Layton, Utah to provide an advanced seminar on speed development and sprint training. Charlie’s athletes set 23 world records, more than 250 Canadian records and won nine Olympic medals. Charlie is recognized worldwide as one of the top authorities on speed training and athlete development. Elite athletes and coaches regularly visit his forum at CharlieFrancis.com to read what Charlie has to say. Here is your chance to talk to him one-on-one.
About Derek Hansen
Derek is a NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist that has been working with athletes in speed, strength and power sports since 1988. He is the full-time Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, BC, Canada and is an instructor at the National Coaching Institute in Vancouver, specializing in Strength & Conditioning, Biomechanics and Recovery/Regeneration. His clients include teams and athletes from Canadian National/Olympic programs and professional leagues in numerous sports.
Key areas of presentation and practical demonstration include:
- Maximum velocity mechanics
- Sprint start technique and acceleration development
- Weight training for speed development
- Explosive power and plyometric training
- Periodization and planning through Vertical Integration
- Recovery and regeneration techniques
- Electronic muscle stimulation and other training tools
- Speed development for non-track sports
- Technological innovations and their application in training
- Trends in sport training and their suitability
- Sport psychology – fact or fiction?
- Safe and effective supplementation for performance
- Managing muscle tone and the nervous system in training
- Managing training volume – how much is too much?
- Effective agility and change-of-direction training
- And, much, much more…
Information on the seminar will also be posted on Charlie’s website at www.CharlieFrancis.com. Be sure to check the website for information on training, Charlie’s books and his discussion forum.
For information on how to register for the Speed-Strength Performance Seminar, please contact Mike Doyle and Kim Tulane at COR Performance at:
Phone: (801) 444-2819
Times, Dates & Agenda:
Friday — March 7th, 6pm-9:30pm : Training Theory
Saturday* — March 8th, 8am-5pm: More Theory, Technical Issues and Practical Demos.
Sunday — March 9th, 8am-11:30am: Program Setup and Planning
* Lunch will be provided on Saturday from 12pm to 1pm
COST: $350 US Late Registration Fee – After February 21, 2008 – $400 US