Adequate recovery after intense training is critical for ensuring the body can rebuild itself stronger for the next bout of exercise. Like a classical musical composition, the rests between the notes are just as important as the notes themselves. While time and rest alone is required, there are also other activities that can be performed to ensure that recovery and regeneration is accelerated and complete.
At RunningMechanics.com, we are equipped with the latest techniques and technologies to monitor and enhance recovery and regeneration. Key techniques that we employ with our clients include:
- Heart rate variability analysis to determine the status of the autonomic nervous system (sympathetic and parasympathetic balance) and recovery.
- Contrast therapies and hydrotherapy to enhance blood circulation for nutrient delivery and waste product removal.
- Soft-tissue therapies and massage for increasing blood circulation, reducing muscle tightness and enhancing parasympathetic tone.
- Electronic muscle stimulation (EMS) to loosen muscles, enhance circulation and reset muscle tone.
- Electromyographic (EMG) evaluation to determine the status of skeletal muscle and readiness for training.
- Active recovery methods for increasing circulation and managing muscle tone in a manner that encourages the body to recover on its own.
Contact us now to find out how to enhance your running performance through improved recovery and regeneration.